Wednesday, June 06, 2012

My first Fine Art Show

I've done a lot of craft shows to display my Decorative Painting in the past, but this is the very first Fine Art show I have entered my paintings in. The KW Society of Artists is having their annual show at the Button Factory in Waterloo starting this weekend. It runs for the whole month of June. I have entered two of my paintings this year.
The first one called 'Garden Gate' is a painting of a lovely gate just covered with gorgeous climbing roses. It was down by the Avon River in Stratford (my hometown).This painting is done in Pen and Ink with acrylic washes.  Framed $250.00



The second painting I called "Living on the Ledge." This sweet robin built her nest on the window ledge at my husband's parents house. Paul (my hubby) caught her feeding her babies one morning. I couldn't resist painting her!  



Painted in Acrylic washes on watercolour paper. Framed $250.00

The show starts on Friday June 8 at 7 pm. through to the end of the month at the Button Factory on Regina St. Waterloo, ON. The KWSA artists have filled two floors with their creations. Drop in if you live in the area and have a chance to see our annual show.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...