Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I Love Crows!


I love Crows especially when they are the Coloured Pencil kind! Lydia Steeves has designed a beautiful crow painting and I had a wonderful time painting this.

I love the DecoArt Media Shimmer Misters in Violet, Turquoise and White used in the background. These colours just shine on the black paper background.

What I liked best about these shimmer misters is that they didn't rub off after I applied them. I even used a kneadable eraser and they didn't move! Most shimmery mist sprays are not permanent but DecoArt's are. So I think they are more versatile for backgrounds like this but also for use in Art Journals where you don't really want your shimmer sprays to wipe off or move when you apply more layers of paint or stencil applications over top.

AND they showed through the coloured pencil layers. Not only are there lovely pinks, plums and teals in the crows feathers, but some of the shiny spray also shows through between the coloured pencil strokes. Just beautiful - much like the iridescence of a crow's feathers.  It's so hard to see the gorgeous colours in a photo - way more beautiful in person.

This can be a project you might like to tackle in the Open Studio classes on Thursdays. I'd love to show you how!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...