Saturday, September 02, 2017

30 in 30 Challenge

This is my first painting in September. I have decided to enter Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge - which means I will be trying to paint 30 paintings in 30 days...In reality it may be fewer than that but I'm going to try to keep it up this year.


Some of my paintings will be quick and easy paintings and others will be ones I have worked on already for quite some time and I will try to finish them up this month. Some of the participants have a theme but I don't think I will have one. I just want to get more paintings added to my own personal original body of work.

As a Decorative Painter I often paint designs that other artists have created - using their line drawing (with permission) and loosely following their instructions. I usually have a pattern packet or I'm taking an online course from the artist, or I'm using their design packets or published books. It's a great way to learn new techniques and skills. Then I apply what I have learned to my own designs.

This painting is my own original - painted from a still life set up in my studio.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...